I want to Thank You

I love when readers leave their comments! I really enjoy reading them! I do moderate all of them before they go up and wanted to let you know that those with my name, or my family members names will not be posted. I try to keep a modicum of anonymity on the net. You can just call me BigM, or refer to the kids as "A, BR or little J (A.K.A Biscuit)" thank you for understanding!


Me

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Free firewood!!!

For us anyway! DH woke me this am to tell me not to let the kids go outside. Evidently, during the storms last night, a branch from our ginourmous oak tree fell! I snapped some pics, but was unable to capture the enormity of it all.

This is where the limb actually broke. It was more than 12" around.



DH's BMW is what kept it from crashing all the way down... It has a HUGE dent in the hood now...



It also took out my patio chair, but spared my table, for which I am greatful!



Here are a couple of pics from where the branch gave and hit our cement walkway...



Notice how thick it was, granted, it was on the edge, but still....





We should be pretty set for firewood this winter at least, provided it doesn't get eaten by termits between now and then! I can rest easy knowing that we will be warm!

TTFN,
Me

2 comments:

Thursday's Child said...

Thank heavens you weren't hurt. I'm so glad it missed the house. Too bad about the car though. Insurance, I hope?

Thursday's Child said...

BTW, I've tagged you for a meme. :D