I want to Thank You

I love when readers leave their comments! I really enjoy reading them! I do moderate all of them before they go up and wanted to let you know that those with my name, or my family members names will not be posted. I try to keep a modicum of anonymity on the net. You can just call me BigM, or refer to the kids as "A, BR or little J (A.K.A Biscuit)" thank you for understanding!


Me

Friday, April 18, 2008

Baked Oats



This is another recipe that I got from My Measuring Stick.

The kids LOVE this. It is very filling and usually keeps the whinnies away. Not to mention very healthy!

3 Cups of Oats (or left over cereal)
1/2 Cup Oil (preferably coconut)
1/2 Cup Syrup
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
3 TBSP whey (left from making cream cheese, or water as a substitute)
1 Cup Water
3 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp (aluminum free) Baking Soda, yep they put metal in your baking soda
1/3 Cup of any dried fruit you have on hand, including raisins (optional)

To Make
  • The night before mix all of the ingrediants together and stuff on a shelf in the fridge.
  • In the am, preheat the oven to 350, and butter up a loaf pan. Bake it for 35-45 minutes depending on your oven.
  • To serve, I cut it into thick slices and slather it with butter. Yummmmm!! My three kids and the loaner baby it an entire loaf, but they are big eaters!
As a note, when it is finished baking, the middle will be solid. If you take it out and it is "runny, pop it back in for five minutes at a time. Enjoy!

No comments: