I want to Thank You

I love when readers leave their comments! I really enjoy reading them! I do moderate all of them before they go up and wanted to let you know that those with my name, or my family members names will not be posted. I try to keep a modicum of anonymity on the net. You can just call me BigM, or refer to the kids as "A, BR or little J (A.K.A Biscuit)" thank you for understanding!


Me

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

We're MOVING!!! (again)

Ok, we aren't moving until the end of January, but we are gearing up now. We thought and prayed long and hard. Then we decided to get a camper and find a place to boon-dock for awhile. Boon-docking is when you have electric and water access, but you aren't at a camp ground. Dry-docking is when you have no amenities and run off a gennie. If we can not find a place to BD then we will do the campground thing until we do find a place.

We ended up getting a used 36' 5th wheel. You may not know this ('cause I sure didn't) that there are a few different types of campers.

RV~ You drive these.
Pull Along~ You hook these to your hitch and you.... wait for it... pull it along.
5th Wheel~ These have an attachment that hooks to a special attachment that you put in the bed of your truck.
Pop-ups~ These are the tiny ones that go flat while hauling them.



This is a 5th Wheel (post type)

There are many more "types" but they all seem to stem from these main types.
















Our camper has a slide out so we have more room when parked. It actually adds an additional 50 sq feet! (well, almost)



Being financially challenged we of course did not buy a new one. Heck, we didn't even get a gently used one for that matter! lol No, we found a heck of a deal on craigslist. She needed to off load it and we needed to get one so it all worked out for both parties involved. That being said, it needs work.


That is where this series of posts come in. I'm asking you, dear reader, for your help. We have a long list to accomplish and I really think your input will be great! I will be choosing flooring, material for curtains, furniture and light fixtures over the next few weeks. I will post pictures of my options and ask for your opinion. If it all works out I will not end up with orange walls and royal blue furniture! lol


For now, I will have to start with "before" pictures so your wheels can start to turn. I will tell you that we are thinking wood flooring in a lighter color to match the table that I purchased. It was a good deal I found while grocery shopping at Aldi's last Sunday.









Here are the rest of the pics...



(L) LR Cabinet

(R) Closet















(L) Bathroom Sink

(R) Shower

(B) Loo (as BR likes to call it!)













It even has a laundry "room"!!



This was taken before we moved the slide into the "out" position. You can see more of it in the photo above.











This will be the kids room. I will be revamping it in the next few weeks. I don't know why they left the chair. It is DEFINITELY leaving! Yuck!




As you can see, we have our work cut out for us! We are working on a plan of action that we will implement ASAP. The first step is to re-seal the roof and then rip out the remaining flooring. I hope to go to Lowe's today and have a look see!

TTFN,
Me

4 comments:

Millie said...

Hi!
I followed your link here from Frugal Proverbs.
Our family lived in a camp trailer (the pull along kind) for 7 and 1/2 months. We had to redo the flooring in ours because of rot. We put a carpet remnant in the living room area and had some leftover tile for the kitchen and bath. The tile was beautiful and went well with the carpet. BUT a few weeks after we moved in we discovered that the tile was too thick to bend with the floor so it began to crack. So my piece of advise is to pick the thinner less quality tile so it can bend properly when you walk on the floor.

BigM said...

Oh wow! Good to know! We hadn't thought of that! Thank you!!

Me

Ella said...

I know that you will make it absolutely lovely!
Hugs & Prayers, GG

BigM said...

Thank you GG! I'm not much of a decorator but I try! lol

Me