I want to Thank You

I love when readers leave their comments! I really enjoy reading them! I do moderate all of them before they go up and wanted to let you know that those with my name, or my family members names will not be posted. I try to keep a modicum of anonymity on the net. You can just call me BigM, or refer to the kids as "A, BR or little J (A.K.A Biscuit)" thank you for understanding!


Me

Friday, January 25, 2008

Baked Blue Berry French Toast

I wanted to put up the recipe for my yummy BBFT that I posted about earlier.

First, get out a 9X13. Slice your bread about an inch thick and cover the bottom of said pan. (You may want to tear your bread a little and fill in any "big" gaps)

Mix up three eggs, a little sugar ('bout a TBSP), a tsp real vanilla extract, and
2 & 1/4 Cups of reconstituted milk.

Pour you milk mixture over the bread, and then flip each piece over so that it soaks up the milk really well. Sprinkle it with fruit (it doesn't HAVE to be BB, that's just our fav) and fresh home made cream cheese.

Cover it and put it in the fridge over night.

In the morning, preheat your oven to 375 and bake it, uncovered, for 40 minutes.

You can also make a topping to add to it by mixing 1/2 Cup flour, 1/3 C brown sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and 1/4 c SOFT butter. (Just let it sit in you microwave over night) Use a pastry blender (or a couple of butter knives held between your knuckles) until you have a crumb mixture and sprinkle that over the top before you put it in. I don't do this, as I am not very awake at 5am, and the kids love it with out as evidenced in the pictures I posted.


I hope ya'll enjoy this as much as we do!

No comments: