I want to Thank You

I love when readers leave their comments! I really enjoy reading them! I do moderate all of them before they go up and wanted to let you know that those with my name, or my family members names will not be posted. I try to keep a modicum of anonymity on the net. You can just call me BigM, or refer to the kids as "A, BR or little J (A.K.A Biscuit)" thank you for understanding!


Me

Friday, May 16, 2008

Our Aloha Birthday!!

Aloha!!!




DS just turned 8, and he wanted an "island party". So I hit the dollar tree at just the right time!! For the party I bought...
  • 3 Grass skirts
  • 3 bags of punch balloons
  • 7 hats
  • 6 flowers for our hair (3 for $1.00)
  • A table cloth
  • 2 things of dry grass
  • 1 Palm Tree
  • One Tiki
  • Coordinating Glasses
  • Sparkle Candles
  • Silverware
  • Glow Stick Lantern
  • 6 lei (at 3 for $1.00)
  • 1 lei for the birthday boy
  • 1 Party dress for the dog
I'll do the math and tell you that I spent a total of $28 at "The Tree". I think that is FANTABULOUS!! I did have to get a couple of things at WM, and publix. So I also ended up getting...
  • Water balloons for $3
  • Dry Ice $2 (wich didn't pan out BTW)
  • Capri Suns for $2.50 (can't have an island party without Hawaiian punch!)
  • Various baking supplies for maybe $5
  • Plastic Dinos for $3!! (ouch)
  • Three large Pizzas $20
  • Movies to watch $5
So for less than $75, we had a smashing party! ( A little here and there of course) I am uber-greatful that my kids know full well that the party itself is a gift. We all had a great time! I took some pics if you want to see them!!

Here is the table...




Here is a close up of the cake. I think I would have needed "professional" cake pans to make it look better, but oh well...



Here they are throwing water balloons at each other...



Look out!!!!!





And best of all, a happy birthday boy!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NOW THAT LOOKED LIKE A PARTY!!! OMG thats the coolest!!! hope he had an awesome B day!!! Joe