I want to Thank You

I love when readers leave their comments! I really enjoy reading them! I do moderate all of them before they go up and wanted to let you know that those with my name, or my family members names will not be posted. I try to keep a modicum of anonymity on the net. You can just call me BigM, or refer to the kids as "A, BR or little J (A.K.A Biscuit)" thank you for understanding!


Me

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Why Cover??

I cover, I get asked often why I cover and my answer is very basic. "Because the Bible (God) says to cover." It really IS that simple. The rebuttal I get most often is that the Bible says that a womans hair is her cover. Unfortunately, most do not realize that this verse is taken out of context. Some of you will be mad and feel that your toes are being stepped on. Maybe you should ask yourself WHY you are upset, could it be that you are feeling convicted??

1 Corinthians 11:1-3 (King James Version)

1 Corinthians 11

1Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

2Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.

3But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

To reiterate; The head of a woman is her man, the head of a man is Christ, and the head of Christ is God...


1 Corinthians 11:4-8 (King James Version)

4Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.

SO, it seems that a man covering his head while praying is dishonoring Christ (his head).

BTW, do you think this is why men are to take their hats off inside, and women don't?

5But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

A woman who prays with her head UNcovered dishonors her man (and by extension, God) just as if she had shaved her head.

6For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.

If a woman is not covered, let her be shaved, and if being shaved is shameful, let her cover.

7For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.

Men, do not cover because you are the very image of God, but women come from men, and we are to be their glory.

8For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man.


1 Corinthians 11:13-15 (King James Version)

13Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?

Ask yourself, is it beautiful or proper (comely) to pray uncovered??

14Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?

It is shameful for a man to have long hair

15But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

Women are to have long hair, because God gave it to her.

I think that this is where most people get confused. To be honest, I can understand that. Let's look at it this way..

1) Women are to cover
2) If a woman is not covered, let her be shaved (shorn).

If your hair is your cover, and you shave it (uncover) how can you shave your head for not being covered??


TTFN
Me



No comments: