I want to Thank You

I love when readers leave their comments! I really enjoy reading them! I do moderate all of them before they go up and wanted to let you know that those with my name, or my family members names will not be posted. I try to keep a modicum of anonymity on the net. You can just call me BigM, or refer to the kids as "A, BR or little J (A.K.A Biscuit)" thank you for understanding!


Me

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Right on, Andy Rooney !

>> Right on, Andy Rooney !
>>
>> Andy Rooney said on '60 Minutes' a few weeks back:
>>
>> I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers..
The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory
>> are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black
>> Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like
>> the United Cauc asian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment
>> Television, or Miss White America; and see what happens...Jesse Jackson
>> will be knocking down your door.
>>
>> Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer. You
>> can kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to
>> ban you from driving to the ball game.
>>
>> I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason, which is why there
>> are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts! ARE YOU LISTENING
>> MARTHA BURKE ?
>>
>> I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not a phobia, it
>> is an opinion.
>>
>> I have the right 'NOT' to be tolerant of others because they are
>> different, weird, or tick me off.
>>
>> When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of
>> the population is black, that is not racial profiling; it is the Law of
>> Probability.
>>
>> I believe that if you are selling me a milkshake, a pack of cigarettes, a
>> newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of
>> fact, if you want to be an American citizen, you should have to speak
>> English!
>>
>> My father and grandfather didn't die in vain so you can leave the
>> countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours.
>>
>> I think the police should have every right to shoot you if you threaten
>> them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the word
>> 'freeze' or 'stop' in English, see the above lines.
>>
>> I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you are
>> qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans
>> or tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket store,
>> or any other business.
>>
>> We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives
>> in wars to defend their freedoms, so that decades later they could come
>> over here and tell us our constitution is a living document and open to
>> their interpretations.
>>
>> I don't hate the rich I don't pity the poor
>>
>> I know pro wrestling is fake, but so are movies and television. That
>> doesn't stop you f rom watching them.
>>
>> I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and
>> continue to make more. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next
>> operating system that's better, and put your name on the building.
>>
>> It doesn't take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does take
>> a parent to stand up to the kid; and smack their little behinds when
>> necessary, and say 'NO!'
>>
>> I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don't
>> pretend they are a political statement. And, please, stay home until that
>> new lip ring heals. I don't want to look at your ugly infected mouth as
>> you serve me French fries!
>>
>> I am sick of 'Political Correctness.' I know a lot of black people, and
>> not a single one of them was born in Africa ; so how can they be
>> 'African-Americans'? Besides, Africa is a continent I don't go around
>> saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great, great,
>> great, great grandfather was from Europe . I am proud to be from America
>> and nowhere else.
>>
>> And if you don't like my point of view, tough...
>>
>> I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG, OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA , AND TO
>> THE REPUBLIC, FOR WHICH IT STANDS, ONE NATION UNDER GOD, INDIVISIBLE,
>> WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL!
>> It is said that 86% of Americans believe in God. Therefore I have a very hard time
>> understanding why there is such a problem in having 'In God We Trust' on
>> our money and having 'God' in the Pledge of Allegiance. Why don't we just
>> tell the 14% to BE QUIET!!!

No comments: